Although most people like to start their new to-do lists in January, the end of the year is actually a great time to wrap things up to start 2016 fresh. Here are some ideas of few things you can still do before 2015 ends.
1. Everyone is entitled to one free credit report every year on AnnualCreditReport.com.
Although it doesn’t include your credit score, the free report will provide you with a copy of your full credit history.
2. Don’t wait till the New Year to start your resolution to straighten out your life. It’s not too late to get that will done, or to file an enforcement motion.
3. Make the upcoming tax season easier on yourself by organizing your bills, receipts, pay stubs, and files before the start of the new year.
4. Donate to your favorite nonprofit organization before the end of the year so you can claim your contributions as a 2015 tax deduction and help lower your tax bill. You may also be able to declutter your house and start on the next item on this list.
5. Get to cleaning for a fresh start to a new year. You definitely don’t want your clutter to carry on into 2016. This will put you in a better mood and mind-set when it comes to starting new resolutions, because a clear space can represent a blank slate and new beginnings.
6. Make sure you’ve spent the money in your Flexible Spending Account, because it will expire by the end of the month. You may be allowed to file an extension if you haven’t used up all your FSA dollars, but check your company policy first.
7. Finish at least 1 thing you wanted to accomplish in 2015 but have not yet been able to get to. This way you will finish 2015 on a high note with a sense of accomplishment.